Marriage Act is an Act made to provide for the Registration of Marriage.
Preamble: Whereas, it is expedient to provide for legal provisions to conclude the marriage through registration and to register the marriage to provide legal certainty as per the need of the changing society,
Be it enacted by His Majesty’s King Mahendra Bir Bikram Shah Dev with the advise and consent of Rastriya Panchayat.
Marriage through Registration
Marriage may be concluded: Except otherwise prohibited to get marriage pursuant to prevailing law, the following male and female may conclude marriage pursuant to this Act,-
(a) In case any of the male or female does not have husband or wife,
(b) In case one of the male or female has not gone mad, and
(c) In case both the male and female have completed the age of twenty years.
Application for Marriage:
(1) The male and female, who are interested to conclude a marriage under this Act, shall submit an application at least fifteen
days earlier, in a prescribed format before the Marriage Registration Officer.
(2) To submit an application pursuant to Sub-section (1), both the male or female or one of them must have resided in the area (jurisdiction) of the concerned Marriage Registration Officer, since at least fifteen days before to submit such application.
Marriage Application Detail Register:
(1) The Marriage Registration Officer shall maintain the detail of the application, received pursuant to Section 5, in the marriage application detail register so prescribed and shall also keep the application in the official record. Such application detail register shall be shown to
the person interested to inspect the register without charging any fees.
(2) The Marriage Registration Officer shall make a decision regarding whether or not to conclude the marriage, within seven days upon receiving the application pursuant to Section 5.
(3) In case, the Marriage Registration Officer denies to conclude the proposed marriage, for finding it in against of the prevailing law, any of the
Officer has been designated by a Notification of 2028.8.17.
Trackbacks and pingbacks
best free premade design resources download
...Recommended websites [...]Can I just say what a relief to find an individual who actually knows what they're discussing on…
meilleur traiteur rabat maroc
Traiteur Rabat Regal; Traiteur de ronome au Maroc This is my expert
...[Trackback] [...] What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate link for your host? I…
wholesale jerseys... political state, things damaged thus Yanjun fundamental Yue chi yearly six months, a lot of than 70 locale.…
... [Trackback]... [...] Informations on that Topic: legaladvisorsnepal.com/labour-act2048-1992/ [...]...
oak home... This article is really wally, a friend gave me a look. I catched sight of, I would like…
oakleys home... This article made me bright up. After doing some reading of this article, I inspired a lot. I…
back pain exercises
back pain exercises... I visit daily a few web sites and sites to read articles or reviews, however this blog…
How to Win On Qubidz
Bid-Ninja... [...]while the sites we link to below are completely unrelated to ours, we think they are worth a read,…
Norman Haga... Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon every day. It's always interesting…
back pain stretches
back pain stretches... Good day! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some…
Child Health Insurance
Child Health Insurance... Good information thank you closely monitor your success....
Calorie... wonderful post, thank you....
Baby Care... very good and cool,thank you for your sharing....
Where can I get some sample documents to download? I believe, I need to write these documents before I can…
Thank you for lovely article. It surely is helpful, however, can you explain in basic on where to start? I want to register my marriage in Nepal as a non-citizen of Nepal.
Yes, you can if it is not very private or personal to you. All these discussions and cases shall also educate other peoples.
Dear Sir I am nepali muslim My marriage is not registered and my wife accept divorce according to islamic law and she and there family member not allowing me to get in touch with my only son if I force them they threat me to file case against me for harassment and take share in my property according to nepali laws.what i need to do kindly suggest me.
Sorry to hear about your issue. Even divorce in some community is accepted by Nepalese Law. As per Nepalese law, you wife can always claim for alimony or property share from you for her and child and court will also give you legal divorce under such circumstances. They can not stop you from seeing your child. You can always look for legal remedy for this. Consult a local lawyer for more details.